HD Insurance
Helping those who help others

Recreational Vehicle Insurance

If you like to use recreational vehicles in Idaho, let us help you make sure you're covered. 

Recreational Vehicle Insurance

toys need coverage too

If you're like us, you like some adrenaline in your life. Everyone enjoys spending their free time differently but a lot of Idahoans enjoy going to the lake, taking out the dirt-bikes or ATVs, taking the RV to one of the many beautiful camping destinations our state has to offer or snowmobiling in the mountains during winter months. The one common characteristic between all of these activities is that they each pose their own risks and should be covered adequately. 

Sometimes the language of insurance can be confusing, leading customers to believe that their boat or other toys are covered under their homeowners policy. This may be true in some cases but coverage only applies to your toys while they're at your home and the limits are often far less than on a typical RV, boat or other policies for your recreational vehicles. Liability insurance is not required in Idaho for boaters or snowmobilers but it is always a good idea to make sure you're covered in the event of an accident. 

While liability isn't required for boaters or snowmobilers, in 2009 governor Butch Otter signed a bill that mandates liability coverage for all off-road vehicles including ATVs, dirt-bikes, vehicles like the Polaris RZR and other utility vehicles. If your vehicle is able to operate on paved or dirt roads, regardless of whether or not you're planning on using it there, you are required to have liability insurance. 

Contact us today if you have any questions or would like to request a quote. Most insurance carriers offer coverage for recreational vehicles which means we'll be able to check with your current carrier and qualify you for a multi-policy discount.